Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Benny Boyd CDJR Lampasas carry all the quality, major brand of tires?
Yes, Benny Boyd Copperas Cove carries most major tire brands in every tire sizes and speed rating for virtually every vehicle on the road today. We not only carry the major brands, we also carry some of the smaller boutique brands that save you money today. Visit our Service page if you are interested in what all those letter and numbers mean on your tires.
2. Tell me about these other brands that Benny Boyd CDJR Lampasas carries. Are they quality tires?
At Benny Boyd Copperas Cove we try very hard to offer each and every customer a choice when it comes to new tires for their vehicles. Usually this comes in the form of a “Good,” Better,” “Best” recommendation for your vehicles replacement tires.
3. What if Benny Boyd CDJR Lampasas doesn’t have the tire I need in stock today?
Benny Boyd Copperas Cove has stock of a wide-range of tire brands; tire sizes and speed rating for virtually every vehicle on the road today. If for some reason we do not have your tires in stock today, Benny Boyd Copperas Cove can generally get the tires you need within 24-hours.
4. What is TPMS?
TPMS is an acronym for, Tire Pressure Monitoring System. TPMS is an electronic system that constantly measures the inflation in your tires. If for some reason your tires lose proper inflation an alert such as a dashboard indicator light will alert you of the situation.
5. What should I do if my dashboard TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) warning light comes on?
If your TPMS warning light comes on your tire(s) may have lost proper inflation. Immediately inspect your vehicles tires for any sign of deflation and refill the affected tire(s) to its proper level. If the TPMS light comes on consistently, a Benny Boyd Copperas Cove technician can inspect and diagnose the cause for the low pressure.
6. My tires are wearing in a strange way. What is causing this?
Inconsistent tire wear can come from many factors including a misaligned vehicles, under inflated tires, over inflated tires, driving conditions, driving style, worn suspension parts, and so much more. Without a Benny Boyd Copperas Cove technician physically inspecting your tires it is difficult to make a determination as to why your tires are showing inconsistent wear. Visit our Service page to see some causes and corrections to inconsistent tire wear.
7. What if my vehicle only need two tires, should I put them on the front or the back?
In most cases, our Benny Boyd Copperas Cove technicians recommend putting the new tires on the rear of the vehicle. Please contact us at your convenience so we can review your specific situation. We’re here to help!
8. Can I just buy 2 winter/snow tires and put the on the wheels that drive the car?
Benny Boyd Copperas Cove technicians recommend for safety, traction and control a set of 4 winter tires is the best option for winter/snow tires.
9. My vehicle has ABS (Anti-lock Braking System). Do I still need winter tires?
ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) prevents your brakes from “locking up" when the tires loose traction to the road. The ABS “pulses” the brakes as you apply pressure to the pedal to shorten the stopping distance, but if your tires do not have traction the stopping distance will increase.